How do I have a Paperwork Only Marriage?
STEP BY STEP
Contact Naomi for an initial discussion and ask any questions you may have. If you decide to go ahead, you will need to confirm your booking and meeting dates.
An invoice will be issued and a 50% non-refundable deposit is payable at this time. Upon receipt of the deposit Naomi will send you a digital Paperwork Only Marriage Kit, which contains all of the information you will require before, during and after your wedding.
To be married in Australia couples must lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage with their celebrant a minimum of one calendar month prior to their wedding day. This can be done in person or remotely via email and post.
It is possible for just the bride or just the groom to lodge this paperwork on the couple’s behalf, as long as the other party completes their details prior to the wedding.
Prior to your marriage occurring Naomi must verify;
- The bride and grooms identity (typically via a passport or drivers licence)
- The bride and grooms places and dates of birth (typically via a passport or birth certificate)
- Evidence of any prior marriages ending (typically via Death Certificate or Certificate of Divorce)
- The bride and groom have both signed a Declaration of No Legal Impediment to Marriage
- That both parties are eligible and free to marry, and
- That both parties are consenting and willing to marry
Ideally, couples would bring the documents relevant to their circumstances to the initial meeting when they sign the Notice of Intended Marriage. This is the best way to ensure there are no delays in being able to be married.
Naomi will advise couples on what is required for their circumstances upon being booked.
One calendar month or more after Naomi has received your Notice of Intended Marriage she will meet with you on an agreed date at an agreed place and time to solemnise your marriage.
The outstanding balance is due at this time.
You are required to have two witnesses over the age of 18 to observe the proceedings and sign the legal document. You can supply your own witnesses or request that Naomi provide them for you for an additional fee.