How do I have a Civil Commitment Ceremony?
STEP BY STEP
Contact Naomi to arrange a free one hour consultation to check availability, discuss your ceremony ideas, ask loads of questions and review her service options and fee schedule. This is your opportunity to check Naomi out and see if she would be a good fit for your wedding.
If you decide to book Naomi for your wedding you need to complete a Booking Form and pay a non-refundable deposit to confirm your date. At this point you will receive a gift bag containing your Ceremony Toolkit: Your Wedding, Your Way which includes;
- An overview of the ceremony structure and options available to you
- A Booklet containing a plethora of sample ceremonies, rituals, poetry and readings, vows and ring exchange options
- Guidance on how to write your own vows.
- Ceremony Music Guidance and a current list of the most popular wedding songs by genre
- Ceremony Risk Assessment Template (to be completed in the Risk Assessment and Mitigation Planning Meeting)
- Contract: My Commitment to You.
- Information on legal marriage options that may be available to you once the law changes
- A discount code to book a Paperwork Only Wedding, valid once the law changes to recognise marriage equality in Australia.
- Celebrants Code of Practice and Complaints Procedure
Meet with Naomi to discuss your ceremony plans and to determine the style of ceremony you desire. What elements you may like to include will be discussed at this point. This includes music and readings, but you may also want to incorporate a ritual or special performance or something totally unique. Determining this will create a blueprint of your ceremony structure.
Naomi will walk you through her Getting To Know You process and determine your comfort level and preferred way of working whilst drafting your ceremony. Couples may choose to complete this process in person or remotely at their discretion.
Naomi will prepare an initial draft of your ceremony that reflects your personalities and preferences and send you a copy to review. The process of redrafting and resending for your comments will continue until you are 100% happy with your ceremony and sign off on an agreed final version.
Naomi will lead you through a Ceremony Risk Assessment and Mitigation Planning Session to identify any potential issues and prepare for them in advance of your wedding day.
Naomi will confirm your music choices with you and legally download the requested versions of your ceremony music and put them into an appropriate format. She will manage your playlist as part of her ceremony delivery on the day, using her PA System.
Naomi will attend your rehearsal at the wedding venue, or an alternate location. This usually occurs about a week or two prior to your actual wedding and should, if possible, be booked for the same time of day. The purpose of a rehearsal is to;
- Rehearse the bridal party choreography. This will have a huge impact on how well things flow on the day. It’s also an opportunity to test shoes, particularly for outdoor ceremonies
- Any Readers you may have will be able to rehearse their Readings and Naomi will coach them through what will happen on the day
- Review the Ceremonial Civil Commitment Certificate and Commitment Register so that you are familiar with what you are being asked to sign on the day
- Review any issues that may arise due to time of day (e.g. tides, sun direction, traffic noise, etc)
- Naomi will speak to any other wedding suppliers who will be present on the day, such as your Wedding Planner, Venue Operator and Photographer to ensure everyone is aware of each other’s requirements on the day.
- Agree what props Naomi will bring (signing table, chair, PA, etc)
- Discuss dress code for the day to ensure Naomi is dressed to blend with the rest of your bridal party.
- The balance of Naomi’s fee is also payable at this time
One the day Naomi will plan to arrive at the agreed ceremony venue at least one hour prior to the time of commencement to set up the PA, signing table and any other props required. She will be on hand to handle any last minute issues that may arise and will liaise with your other wedding suppliers.
Naomi will officiate your ceremony as planned and rehearsed with you and present you with your Ceremonial Civil Commitment Certificate.
The service doesn’t stop there – Naomi will always be available to answer any queries you may have, even once the honeymoon is over.
When the law changes to recognise Marriage Equality, Naomi will happily provide the legal advice and guidance on the choices available to you at that time.